Fact: PlayBall! is the only organization focused entirely on expanding sports for Boston middle school students.
Getting More Feet on the Field in Boston!
- In the Fall of 2009 and Spring of 2010 PlayBall! has funded the first new sports for Boston Public middle school students since 2003.
- 81% of the students from the four PlayBall! Football league schools are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. The state average is 29%.
- The disparity in after school sports offered in middle schools in the Boston Public Schools versus those offered at a neighboring suburb’s public school.
What’s our game plan?
- Get in the game: We will continue to hold our annual events to raise funds and awareness of the charity, and identify people who would like to support Play Ball! on a regular basis.
- See results: One of the keys to this enterprise is for everyone involved to see results. We want to work directly and locally, determine the community needs that the money raised could address, and make it happen in an easy and timely manner.
- Build the team: Continue to grow the charity and ensure a long, successful life, we need all sorts of teammates: People to provide donations, directly and through events; school administrators, coaches, parents and students; young professionals who are interested in providing their time; and a core group of people who will help Play Ball! grow and be successful.
How Can You Get Involved?
There are several ways you can get involved with Play Ball!:
- Contribute monetarily: Donate directly online or attend one of Play Ball!’s fundraisers or annual events
- Donate your time, skill, and ideas: We are always looking for silent and live auction items to help bring in additional money and to help make our events unique and lasting. Fundraising ideas and other organizational assistance are always welcome.
- Talk about Play Ball!: Share our story with those you think would be interested in getting involved.
Stay in touch: Email newsletters will be distributed from time to time to let people know about our progress and upcoming events.